BetaKit wants to send one lucky person to next week’s CM1 Community Management Conference in Toronto, and all you have to do is tell us on Twitter why you deserve to go.
CM1 happens on May 22 at Glenn Gould Studio, and is being put on by the same team that organized DX3 2014, which we can safely say from experience, was a pretty cool conference to go do for digital media insight.
Over 200 online engagement specialists will attend CM1 next Thursday to explore the value of online engagement, social media influencers, localization, change management, recruiting online evangelists and creating fans.
In April, Marketing Magazine called the Community Manager role “a must-have for every brand in social.” CM1 wants to address the importance and hesitance surrounding Community Management, as related roles grows in new and expected ways.
Last year in November, a dozen speakers presented at the inaugural CM1, to a sold-out audience at Second City Theatre. Apparently it was a little more exciting than initially planned, as the event developed into something of a costume theme with cosplay characters invading one presentation and a Taco Bell mascot making an appearance. We weren’t there, so we can’t confirm. We’ll take CM1′s word on it.
This year will feature nine speakers from various organizations including Hootsuite, Google Canada, CBC, Flight Centre, Tangerine and more. Ron Tite from the Tite Group will moderate the conference.
- Destin Haynes – director, freemium community, Hootsuite presenting Be Local
Everywhere: Bootstrapping Your Way To Global Brand Loyalty
- Clark De Pastino – vice president engagement, Ipsos SMX presenting The 10 Golden
Rules of Engagement
- Keith McArthur – vice president of social media, Rogers Communications presenting
Building a Community Management Organization
- Tessa Sproule – director of digital, CBC Content Office presenting Building
Communities: Lessons from Prime Time
- Mitchell Fawcett – founder & agency director, Motive Communications presenting
Surprising and Delighting Your Community
- Bob Cornwall – brand activation lead, Google Canada presenting How to Build a Community with YouTube
- Gregg Tilston – global social media leader, Flight Centre Travel Group presenting Brick
and Mortar Tweeting
- Casie Stewart – social media director, Speaker, Innovator, Blogger Extraordinaire
presenting Influencing the Influencers: Bringing Value to Your Brand
- Andrew Zimakas – chief marketing officer, Tangerine presenting Tapping Into Your
Community for Support
If you want to go, simply tweet @BetaKit why it should be you and throw in the hashtag #CM1TO. It’s that simple! We don’t really have any criteria for our selection; Joseph will likely just pick whichever one makes him laugh. The ticket has a value of $300 and we’ll pick a winner this Tuesday at noon (May 20).
Off to the races!