The International Startup Festival happened this week in Montreal and over 1,500 attendees gathered for knowledge, partnerships, community, and most importantly the chance to score a $100,000 investment, which would appear in the form of a convertible debenture.
A total of 12 startups pitched their ideas on-stage in front of investors and after a gruelling conversations between the judges, Next36′s Blynk, pitched on-stage by Susie Pan, was crowned the winner and took home the grand prize.
Toronto-based Blynk was started by Jaclyn Ling and Shums Kassam. The duo created an iOS and Android app that cuts out the cost of a fashion stylist” and “enables every consumer free fashion advice through a fun, simple and addictive platform.” According to its description, Blynk understands your style type and recommends you full outfits that users can shop from and make informed decisions via its crowdsourcing recommendations.
In addition, here is a complete list of all the winners from the Startup Festival:
- Best Pitch – Vanhawks
- Media Pitch Prize – GymBirds
- FounderFuel Fall 2014 Cohort – RedTree Robotics
- The Grandmother’s Choice Award – Neuroscan Pro
- Videotron Business Solutions/ MAtv Prize – Navut
- ideaBOOST Accelerator Prize – Tunestar
- Audience Choice Award – Vanhawks
- Audience Choice Award 2nd place- Neuroscan Pro
- Twitter Pitch – Flight Fox